New sewing summer camps for children ages 6-12
As you know Sewing 4 Fun is dedicated to teaching sewing & quilting to adults and children as young as 6. We have been doing this since January of 2012. This year (2017) we are going to be offering summer camps through 3 different locations including our new studio located at 1004 S. McLean Blvd., Elgin IL.
Registration can be done in 1 of 3 ways:
- Through Elgin Community College
- Through South Elgin Parks & Recreation
- Through us (Sewing 4 Fun Inc.) Simply visit the booking page and click on Camps
There are 4 different camp themes this year:
- Sewing in the Kitchen – This will be all about making things you can use in the kitchen including: a ruffled apron, a ruffled kitchen hand towel, and a quilted place mat (which could also be used as a centerpiece for your table.
- Sleepover Camp – This will be about making things you can use for your next sleepover. Items include: a pillowcase, a drawstring backpack, a stuffed owl, and an eye mask.
- Garden Party – This camp will use the accredited Kids Can Sew pattern packet which includes: a skirt with double side vents for both you and your 18″ doll, a backpack/purse that has a quilted bottom, drawstring closure and over the shoulder straps.
Night Owl – This camp will use the accredited Kids Can Sew pattern packet which includes:
Capri pants with a banded detail, and eye mask and a very large Owl with quilted wings.
Each camp will be 12 hours in length (4 days 3 hours each day) and will run Monday – Thursday. Dates and times for each can be found on this blog post. There is also a video on this page with more information about the Kids Can Sew packets.