With the help of the proven Kids Can Sew & Fashion Design © program we guarantee your child will learn to sew. Using child friendly workbooks and pattern kits each child learns to layout patterns, pin cut and sew a variety of craft & clothing items. Each project takes 2-4 hours to complete. Students work at their own pace, which minimizes frustrations and helps build confidence & self-esteem.
What does it cost to get started?
- $38.00 Workbook/Pattern kit (every new student will be required to purchase their own kits, even if they are from the same household).
- $32.50 per student per class for all basic sewing classes.
- $35.00 per student per class for all advanced classes.
*Advanced classes require teachers approval. This includes those interested in moving up from Basic classes to work with commercial patterns and those interested in Cosplay or Anime costume making.
- A state of the art computerized sewing machine with speed control
- All tools needed for cutting, pinning and sewing
- A professional and licensed instructor
What the student is expected to bring:
- Their patterns, workbook, and any fabric or notions needed for each project other than the first one.
When we hold Children’s Sewing Classes
All children’s classes are held on the weekends (which seem to work best for most busy families).
- Friday – 4:00 6:00 (Advanced)
- Saturday / Sunday
- 9:00 – 11:00
- 11:00 – 1:00
- 2:00 – 4:00
Booking a class is as easy as clicking the button below!
Sewing is a process that utilizes repetition and building skills. The more you do, the more you learn.
Not sure your child will like sewing?
Come for a “Try Sewing” lesson. This is a full 2 hour lesson. Your child will make and take home a completed project by the end of the lesson. There is no further obligation to sign up for classes or additional costs for materials. (1) “Try Sewing” lesson per child.
Cost: $25.00 per child – Use coupon code: trysewing25 – Must be booked within one of the “Basic-Kids Sewing” class times.
Want to give sewing as a gift to someone special? We now offer gift certificates in various amounts including one for the above “try sewing” lesson. You can personalize them with a message, upload your own images (or use our stock images) Customizing them to suit any occasion or budget.